Rules of Play
- Association: The 50/50 Raffle (the “Raffle”) shall be conducted by Events Edmonton (the “Association”) pursuant to a Raffle license (the “AGLC Raffle License”) from the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission (“AGLC”) and in accordance with the Criminal Code of Canada, Alberta Gaming and Liquor Act and Regulations, AGLC Policy, AGLC Raffle Terms and Conditions, and the terms of the 50/50 Raffle Services Agreement between the Association and Win 50 Ltd. (the “Service Provider”).
- The Draw Date and Location of Draw: Tickets will be available for purchase starting at 9:00 AM MST on the first day of the 50/50 Raffle Event, and sales will close at 8:59 AM MST on the last day of the 50/50 Raffle Event, July 31, 2023. The draw shall take place at the Events Edmonton office (11737 108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta). The draw is open to the public. The winning raffle number will be selected via random number generation (“RNG”) online during the date listed in the AGLC Raffle License.
- Rules: These are the official 50/50 Raffle Rules and are available upon request.
- Eligibility: The Raffle is open to all persons who are located in the Province of Alberta when purchasing tickets online. Ticket purchasers must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Service Provider, the Association including its Board of Directors, and members of their immediate family (defined as husband or wife, son or daughter, regardless of where they reside), or a member of the household of any of the above persons are NOT eligible to participate (defined as purchase tickets or receive prizes) in the 50/50 Raffle. Each ticket sold shall be eligible to participate in the draw conducted under the authority of the AGLC Raffle License.
- Minor Children: Adult ticket purchasers are not to give their ticket to a person under the age of 18 years as required by the Public Trustees Act.
- No Transfer of Tickets: Ticket Purchasers may not transfer their tickets to anyone else prior to claiming the prize.
- Tickets: Ticket pricing shall be:
Regular Ticket: $10.00 for 1 raffle number
Discount 1 Ticket: $20.00 for 4 raffle numbers
Discount 2 Ticket: $50.00 for 20 raffle numbers
Discount 3 Ticket: $100.00 for 100 raffle numbers
There are 766,999 raffle numbers available on the AGLC Raffle License.
- No Refunds. All ticket sales are final. There will be no refunds issued to anyone for any reason. All tickets purchased and for which the raffle numbers on those respective tickets are entered into the draw cannot be refunded, including if a ticket purchaser made an error in selecting the amount of tickets they desire to purchase.
- How to Purchase Online: Visit 5050tasteofedm.ca during the 50/50 Raffle Event and follow the directions to purchase and print the tickets for the Raffle:
- The initial landing page 5050tasteofedm.ca is where the rules and cause of the 50/50 are explained. The button that says “click here to purchase” will take ticket purchasers to the purchase portal section of the page.
- In the purchase portal section, ticket purchasers:
- Confirm location and eligibility to purchase; agree to the raffle terms and conditions
- Select product(s) for purchase
- Enter contact & billing information (Customer has the option to use express checkout)
- Enter credit card information & confirm purchase
- If the transaction is approved, the ticket purchaser will receive a confirmation message with order ID on the web page. An email confirmation will be sent to the customer with order ID, product description and payment information. A secondary email (shipping confirmation) will be sent to the purchaser including all of the information in the confirmation e-mail along with the raffle ticket(s) containing their raffle number(s). It can take several hours for the ticket purchaser to receive their e-mail shipping confirmation. Ticket purchasers are required to enter their e-mail address correctly with no errors when purchasing to ensure they receive their ticket(s) and should check their spam and junk mail folders if they have not received their ticket(s) by 9 AM MST the day after the 50/50 Raffle Event.
- If the ticket purchaser has not received their ticket(s) by 9 AM MST the day following the 50/50 Raffle Event, they can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org before Noon MST the day following the 50/50 Raffle Event to request that their ticket(s) be resent. They must e-mail from the same e-mail they purchased ticket(s) with. Ticket(s) will be resent between Noon and 3 PM MST the day following the 50/50 Raffle Event. Any emails sent to email@example.com after Noon MST the day following the 50/50 Raffle Event to request that their ticket(s) be resent will not be processed.
How to Purchase In Venue: Tickets may also be purchased at the Taste of Edmonton (1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, Alberta) (the “Venue”) in person during the Taste of Edmonton from 50/50 Sellers at the Venue. Tickets will be sold on site from 50/50 Sellers from 11:00 AM MST to 11:00 PM MST from July 20 to July 29, 2023 and from 11:00 AM MST to 9:00 PM MST on July 30, 2023.
All methods of purchase may not be available at all times. If the System experiences any technical difficulties during an event or in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle (or any portion thereof), the Association reserves the right in its sole discretion to: (i) cancel the Raffle; or (ii) suspend the Raffle until the problem can be remedied, whereupon it will resume. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of a cancellation or suspension, the Association reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to elect to identify a winner and award the prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation or suspension.
- Winner Notification: The winning raffle number will be posted on the Association website at tasteofedm.ca and on the Association’s social media shortly after the draw. In the case of a discrepancy between the posted raffle number and the actual raffle number selected through RNG, the actual raffle number selected through RNG will be considered to be the valid winning raffle number.
The holder of the ticket containing the winning raffle number will have until 4:00 PM MST 30 days from the time of the announcement of the winning raffle number to present the ticket containing the winning raffle number to the Association.
Ticket purchasers may not transfer their tickets to anyone else prior to claiming the prize. The holder of the ticket containing the winning raffle number may claim their prize by contacting the 50/50 office at firstname.lastname@example.org and forwarding their purchase e-mail and a copy of their government issued photo identification and address or present their purchased ticket to the Association. The name on the government issued photo identification must match the name that was used to purchase the ticket. If more than 1 name is written on the ticket, the Prize will be awarded to only 1 of the individuals named on the ticket, and neither the Association nor the Service Provider are responsible for any disputes among the individuals whose names are on the ticket. Each prize claimant must provide the Association with all information required by provincial gaming regulations to claim a prize. The prize claimant will be required to sign a Declaration and Release ("Release") which must be executed and returned to the Association no later than 5 business days after his/her receipt of the Release. All prizes will be awarded to the winners via cheque within 30 days of the winner delivering the ticket containing the winning raffle number, the executed Release, and all other required documents to the Association. For all Prizes not claimed on or before the Prize Claim Expiry Date (4:00 PM MST, 30 days from the time of the announcement of the winning raffle number), the Association will apply to AGLC in writing to either donate the unclaimed Prize to a charity or back to the Association to be spent on previously approved use of proceeds.
- The Prize: The Prize will be 50% of the gross revenue received from all tickets sold. The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the Association’s sole discretion. The Prize shall be paid by cheque from the Association. The designated winning raffle number contained in the ticket purchaser’s 50/50 ticket is validation for claiming the Prize.
Unauthorized persons copying, selling or altering tickets are subject to prosecution. A 50/50 Raffle ticket will be void and a Prize not paid/redeemed if there is proof that the ticket was stolen, not issued, ineligible, altered, counterfeit, defective, printed in duplicate, or printed/produced in error. The Service Provider and the Association are not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or tickets redeemed in error by their agents. All tickets, transactions and winners associated with the 50/50 Raffle are subject to the rules, regulations and procedures put in place by the Association and the lawful charges thereof.
- Cancellation: The Association may rescind, cancel, amend or revoke the Raffle, subject to the prior approval of AGLC. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Association reserves the right to cancel or modify the Raffle and/or these Official Rules, in whole or in part and without notice, if the Association determines that fraud or technical or other failures have threatened or destroyed the integrity of the Raffle.
- Contact Information: Complaints, comments or concerns should be addressed to the Association c/o Taste of Edmonton 50/50 Coordinator, Events Edmonton, 11737 108 Avenue Edmonton, Edmonton, Alberta, T5H 1B8 or email@example.com.